Administrator Contract (Associate - Senior level)
The Contract Administrator establishes contracts/purchase orders with independent contractors/vendors to perform various services and to provide materials at competitive prices within required schedules, in accordance with required procedures, terms, and conditions and provide technical support in support of the STP Nuclear Operating Company. Executes and supports the development and implementation of assigned category spend in accordance with strategic sourcing processes. Focuses on total cost of ownership and best value contracting in accordance with industries practices. Essential responsibilities include the conduct, administration, and technical support of procurement processes.
- Bachelors degree in (preferably) Business Administration or an Associates Degree in Business and 3 years contract procurement administration
- experience. (Required)
- Other : Without a degree 5 years experience in contract procurement administration work. (Required)
- Contract Administrator Associate- 0 - 2 Years Contract Administrator experience. (Required)
- Contract Administrator- 2 Years + Contract Administrator experience preferably electric generating utility experience. (Required)
- Contract Administrator Senior- 5 Years + Contract Administrator experience, preferably electric generating utility experience. (Required)
- IT experience a plus for all levels.
There is no Certification or Licensure Listed
PROCUREMENT TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- Provides technical support to the Procurement group for processing of requisitions, maintenance of database logs and preprinted terms and conditions.
PROCUREMENT AND SOURCING:
- Receives and reviews requisitions (RPD's); develops, issues, reviews, and evaluates Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and negotiates terms and conditions for procurements.
- Receives and reviews requisitions (RPD's) and support packages for correct and complete content; prepares bidder lists.
- Develops and issues Requests for Proposal; receives, reviews and evaluates proposals; negotiates terms and conditions and performs more complex procurements and negotiations; develops and issues Contracts/Purchase Orders.
- Monitors/maintains department logs and databases as necessary.
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies, including internal and external category profiles and builds total cost of ownership models.
ADMINISTRATION OF PURCHASE ORDERS AND SERVICE AGREEMENTS:
- Coordinates and negotiates contract/purchase order changes and resolves contractual problems and contract/purchase order claims.
- Prepares administrative supplements to contracts/purchases orders.
- Coordinates and evaluates the processing of change order requests or claims.
- Maintains files and transmits contract/purchase order documents as required by procedure.
- Reviews/maintains departmental procedures, revisions, changes and reports significant issues, problems and developments to supervision.
- Tracks and reports category performance metrics, manages relationships with suppliers and ensures delivery in accordance with service levels agreements.
- Accept ERO position as needed.
- Accept outage position as needed.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
- Knowledge of Contracting/Purchasing principles and ability to implement.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills; capable of negotiating issues with customer, contractors and peer group.
- Knowledge of STP Nuclear Operating Company policies, procedures, goals, and objectives related to the Contract Administration/Buying functions.
- Ability to function within procedural limits.
- Ability to quickly develop market knowledge and strategies for the types of services and/or commodities/materials assigned for purchase and to develop appropriate sources for such services and/or commodities/materials assigned for purchase and to develop appropriate sources for such services and/or commodities/materials.
Posting closes - April 13, 2021
We thank all individuals for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
- Pay Type Salary
- STP Nuclear Operating Company, 12090 FM 521, Wadsworth, Texas, United States of America